We’re pleased to sign The Pension Regulator’s pledge to combat pension scams and protect our members.
Pension scammers wreck lives and anyone can be a victim. As part of the pensions industry, we play a vital role in protecting members and helping to fight the scammers.
As part of this pledge, we will raise awareness, educate and protect pension savers. We pledge to combat pension scams. We will:
- Regularly warn members about pension scams
- Encourage members asking for cash drawdown to get impartial guidance from Pension Wise
- Get to know the warning signs of a scam and best practice for transfers by completing the scams module in the Trustee Toolkit and encourage all relevant staff or trustees to do so
- Study and use the resources on the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) ScamSmart website, our scams information and the PSIG code
- Consider becoming a member of the Pension Scams Industry Forum by contacting PSIG
- Report concerns about a scam to the authorities and communicate this to the scheme member.
What does this mean for our member’s pensions?
Scammers can be difficult to spot and might seek to exploit your trust. We’re already committed to protecting our members, but we want to go one step further. Working together, we will help protect you by pledging following the principles of the pledge to combat pension scams.
We have self-certified to The Pensions Regulator that we meet the standards of the pledge.
For more information, visit www.tpr.gov.uk/pledge