A series of free pre-retirement workshops is available to assist members of the pension scheme when they begin to think about planning for retirement.
The workshops are aimed at anyone considering leaving employment on normal, early or ill health retirement, or taking flexible retirement within the next 18 months or so. Partners are encouraged and welcome to attend.
The Avon Pension Fund is working with Affinity Connect, one of the largest providers of retirement and redundancy services to the public sector in the UK, to help scheme members plan for a positive retirement.
These offer a suitable environment to deliver what can be complex details and choices in the context of retirement planning.
The workshops are delivered by professional trainers and offer the opportunity to gain a greater understanding of all aspects of retirement planning, in particular valuable pension benefits, and how to ensure members make the most appropriate decisions before they leave.
The workshops provide a comprehensive range of practical information, such as:
- Managing lifestyle change (including relationships, status, use of time etc.)
- Volunteering, learning and leisure opportunities
- Maintaining health in retirement – a practical approach
- Planning for the future
- Local Government Pension Scheme – benefits and choices at retirement
- Maximising benefits from money purchase pensions including AVCs
- State pension and other benefits
- Personal taxation, how it changes in retirement and tax tips
- How to use income and capital in retirement
- Inflation and life expectancy – how to manage the effect on income and savings
- Investment principles for those in retirement - how to manage and reduce risk
- Long term care, Inheritance tax, Wills, Power Of Attorney
- Seeking professional advice – what this involves
- Action plan – key steps to planning for the future
The course details are as follows:
|18 September 2019||9.30am - 3.30pm||The Old Manor House Hotel, Keynsham, BS31 2BA|
|11 October 2019||9.30am - 3.30pm||The Old Manor House Hotel, Keynsham, BS31 2BA|
|7 November 2019||9.30am - 3.30pm||The Old Manor House Hotel, Keynsham, BS31 2BA|
|17 December 2019||9.30am - 3.30pm||The Old Manor House Hotel, Keynsham, BS31 2BA|
How to book
To book your place contact the Events Team on 0800 019 6076 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “Avon Pension Fund”.
For further information about Affinity Connect visit their website at www.affinityconnect.org
There are other organisations providing pre-retirement courses.