28 May 2021
We are looking for:
- Candidates with a positive and committed attitude to bring a fresh, external view to oversight of governance
- Good communication skills and the ability to provide constructive debate
- Sound knowledge and experience of implementing good governance practices in the public and/or private sector
- Good understanding of financial reports and accounts
- An understanding of the LGPS, pension legislation, the local government environment and the national debate over pensions in general
- Be willing to undertake training in order to fulfil the role
- Be committed to up to 12 days a year for the role - more may be expected in the first year due to training
- You must have the support of your employer for your commitment to the role. The role is voluntary however expenses including travel and training will be paid.
For details about the role, background information and how to apply go to: www.avonpensionfund.org.uk/pension-board
Closing date is 5pm on 23 July 2021.