Notifying us of a death

Communication icons

If your spouse/partner has been paying into the Local Government Pension Scheme and they die, then you need to notify us, to ensure that benefits and any death grant are paid correctly.

Please let us know the following details:

  • Their name
  • Their National insurance number
  • Details of their spouse/partner/next of kin
  • Contact details for those dealing with their estate

It is important that we are notified as the member’s estate will be liable for any overpayments made.

Contact us to notify us of a member's death.

Please rate your experience on our website