The Avon Pension Fund Pension Board has been set up to assist in the good governance of the scheme through the monitoring of Fund performance and adherence to statutory duties.
The Local Pension Board is not a decision-making body - its role is to assist in the compliance with scheme rules.
The Local Pension Board consists of three employer and three member representatives and independent chairpersion.
What the board does?
The Avon Pension Fund Board provides an oversight and scrutiny role and helps ensure that the Fund complies with governance and administration requirements, including relevant laws, regulations and codes of practice, such as from the Pensions Regulator.
In line with regulations, the Avon Pension Fund Board has the following board structure:
- Three representatives from the membership
- Three representatives from scheme employers
- An independent chairperson
What is the role of the Board members?
- To ensure that the Avon Pension Fund is effectively administered and complies with relevant laws, regulations and codes of practice
- Represent the Board in contact with a range of stakeholders including: employers, members, the LGPS Scheme Advisory Board, the Pensions’ Regulator and the administering authority
- Pro-actively prepare for and participate in meetings of the Board and actively report on the Board’s performance
- Be fully conversant with the Board’s Terms of Reference
- Ensuring the regulations around conflicts of interest/reporting are fully adhered to
- Acting in accordance with the Council’s Code of Practice for elected representatives and officers, as well as the seven principles of public life and relevant laws and regulations
- Acting with political impartiality and carry out the obligations of the Board irrespective of affiliations outside the Board
The Board has published its Annual Report for 2019/20. This can be downloaded below:
- Nick Weaver
- David Yorath
- Mark King
- Helen Ball
- Steve Harman – Bath and North East Somerset Council
- Tony Whitlock - Bristol City Council
- Peter Sloman – Weston College