What happens to my pension if I live abroad?

If you decide to move abroad, your pension can still be paid monthly into a bank account anywhere in the world.

We can arrange for your pension to be paid into an overseas bank account through Convera (formally known as Western Union). If you already use Western Union for payment of your pension overseas, you do not need to complete a Convera form unless you change bank account.

Once your application has been verified, payment to an overseas bank account should take no longer than a week to process. There is no administration charge. The amount of pension you’ll receive each month will depend on the Convera business exchange rate at the time of payment.

Apply for your pension to be paid into an overseas bank account

To apply you will need to download, complete and sign the Convera International payment mandate form for the country you wish your pension to be paid from the list below. Please note we require a hand-written signature on the form.

If your country is not included in the list of mandate forms, please email pension_payroll@bathnes.gov.uk or call our helpline on 01225 395100

What you need to tell us

  • your full name
  • your National Insurance number
  • your date of birth
  • your full address
  • the country you require an International Mandate form for

When you have completed and signed your International payment mandate form return it by email to pension_payroll@bathnes.gov.uk or post to: Avon Pension Fund, Bath & North East Somerset Council, Lewis House, Manvers Street, Bath, BA1 1JG

Once we receive your completed form and your application has been verified, we will arrange for your new payment details to be set up with Convera. 

Your application may be delayed if your form is completed incorrectly.

You need to tell us about these changes in writing. We cannot accept changes over the telephone.